A T T I T U D E:
Your success, health, happiness, and wealth can be attributed to the choice of your attitude.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baked Lemon Salmon

OK, for those of you who know my distaste for fish I am proud to say I ate a "regular" size portion of fish last night. I had bought salmon filets at COSTCO and was bound and determined to try them. We made several toppings last night, some more diabetic friendly than others, but I did like the lemon on it. It was tasty, light, and of course diabetic friendly.

TO MAKE:

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place filet in the pan and zest the lemon over the fish, sprinkle salt and pepper on top and squeeze the juice from the lemon on top of the fish. I baked this about 15 min.
To tell if the fish is done (THIS IS FROM BETTY CROCKER) : Fish is done when you can flake it easily with a fork. Test this by inserting a fork at an angle into the thickest part of the fish and twisting gently. The flesh and any juices should be opaque. For food safety reasons, we recommend cooking fish to an internal temperature of 160.

1 comment: