A T T I T U D E:
Your success, health, happiness, and wealth can be attributed to the choice of your attitude.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Whole wheat and flaxseed bread


This recipes is a spin off of my Mom's homemade bread. SOOOOO GOOD! but I changed things around a little for added fiber.

Whole wheat and flaxseed bread:

1 cup warm water

1 cup fat free milk

3 tbs butter or margarine melted

1 tbs yeast

Combine the four ingredients and let sit until it the yeast foams.
Add:

1tsp salt

1/8 cup ground flaxseed

1/3 cup honey

1 cup whole wheat flour

( if I use all whole wheat flour I find the bread is very very dense. So I alternate between whole wheat and white, using more whole wheat of course!)

1 cup white flour.

Mix until dough can be handled yet slightly, and I say slightly, sticky. Place in large bowl and cover with a towel. Let the dough rise until double in size.
After it has risen, slap the dough down, take it out of the bowel and pinch in half. Roll out dough and shape into loafs. Don't forget to slap the shaped dough again, this helps to activate the yeast again. Place in greased bread pans, cover, and let rise until 1 inch above the pan. Bake at 325 until golden brown. Place on cooling rack and butter the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment