A T T I T U D E:
Your success, health, happiness, and wealth can be attributed to the choice of your attitude.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada

I saw this recipe on Sisters Cafe and just had to try it. It was a bit spicy with all the Chili Powder, though my husband thought it was perfect, I will probably lessen the amount I use next time I make these. But it was fantastic and one I will make again!

Sauce:

1/3 cup honey

1/4 cup lime juice- I juiced one whole lime and that was plenty

2 TBS chili powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

I grilled 1.5 lbs chicken on the George Foreman and sliced it up

Let chicken marinate in sauce for about 30 min.

Coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover the bottom with green enchilada sauce, place the rolled up tortilla- containing the chicken and some shredded cheese- in the pan. spread remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. I used 1.5 cans of sauce- the original recipe recommends not being stingy with the enchilada sauce. :) you can freeze the leftover sauce!

Bake at 350 until cheese starts to brown and sauce is bubbling.

1 comment: